- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) introduces participants to the TDG Act and regulations and explains the requirements for receiving, handling, transporting and shipping dangerous goods, as well as the appropriate response in emergency situations such as spills or accidents.
Who Should Take the Course?
- TDG regulations require that, with few exceptions, all persons engaged in the handling, offering for transport or transporting of dangerous goods be trained in the aspects of handling such goods.
Ultimately, the goal of this course is to provide participants with the information they need to comply with the TDG Act and regulations.
- By completing this course, they should know how dangerous goods are classified; understand the regulations pertaining to proper documentation, safety marks, means of containment, forbidden goods, exemptions and special provisions; and know the immediate reporting and procedures to follow in the event of an emergency involving dangerous goods.
This course is presented in 9 modules:
1. Introduction to TDG
2. Regulations and Training
3. Classification of Dangerous Goods
4. Safety Marks Used in Conjunction with Dangerous Goods
5. Means of Containment
7. Forbidden Goods, Exemptions and Special Provisions
9. Immediate Reporting and ERAPs
- This online course is self-paced.
- Participants may leave the course at anytime and can resume where they left off.
- The duration will depend on the individual participant and their prior knowledge of the subject matter.
- On average, the course will take between 5 - 9 hours to complete.
- At the end of each module, there is a test.
- Participants that do not achieve 100% can review the module content and try as many times as necessary to complete the course.
- Test questions are randomly selected from a test bank, making each test unique.
- Upon successfully completing all modules, there is a printable certificate for your records.
- This Certificate must be signed by your employer/designated manager to be considered valid. Self-employed persons may sign their own certificate.
Certificate Expiration: The TDG ‘Clear Language’ Training Certificate is valid for 3 years.